Official General Rules and Regulations
Affidavit of Eligibility and Release
Shaw Local Radio Group
No Purchase Necessary
Location: The Total Service Area of WALS-FM, WBZG-FM, WIVQ-FM, WSTQ-FM, WGLC-FM, WYYS-FM, WSPL-AM & W253BX-FM
Time Frame of Contest: In perpetuity
Contest Line – unless otherwise specified – 815-224-2480 for WALS-FM, 815-224-2101 for WBZG-FM, 815-673-4977 or 815-224-2103 for WIVQ-FM and WSTQ-FM, 815-539-6741 for WGLC-FM, 815-224-3853 for WYYS-FM, and 815-673-8000 for WSPL-AM and associated FM Translator W253BX
Unless otherwise specified, all Studstill Media call in, mail in, email, website contests, or in-person registrations are bound by these general rules. All entrants to contests both imply and agree to participate in the contests and obey the rules by their participating in the contest.
- Call in contests, listeners may be listening via the Station stream on the Internet, however, contest participants should not rely on streamed broadcasts because stream may be delayed due to internet issues.
- If a winner is disqualified, the company reserves the right to determine an alternate winner or not to award that winner’s prize, at its sole discretion.
- No prize may be used in any way that would have, or could have been expected to have an adverse or negative effect on Shaw Local Radio Group.
- Participants and winners must be Illinois Residents at least 18 years old as determined by the company. Some prizes may require participants to be 21 years of age. Some contests will allow minors to win, but only with parental or legal guardian written consent. Shaw Local Radio reserves the right to refuse to award a prize to or on behalf of any minor.
- Minor prizes (valued at $199 or less), only one winner per household per Shaw Local Radio station every month. For major prizes (valued at $200 or more), one winner per household per station every 6 months.
- Only one person may enter any contest per written or electronic entry form. No “duos”, groups, or teams will be allowed to enter together.
- Any ties, disputes, conflicts, questions regarding Shaw Local Radio contests and/or their associated prizes will be handled by Shaw Local Radio, whose decisions are final and indisputable.
- Employees of the company, the contest’s participating sponsors and their advertising agencies, employees of other radio station, and members of the immediate family of such persons are not eligible to participate and win. Immediate family is defined as spouses, siblings, parents, children, grandparents, and grandchildren, whether in-laws or by current marriage, remarriage, adoption, co-habitation or other family extension, and any other person residing at the same household whether related or not.
- Participants are restricted to the use of ordinary telephone equipment.
- Shaw Local Radio disclaims all liability for the inability of a participant to complete or continue a telephone call due to equipment malfunction, busy lines, inadvertent disconnections, acts beyond Shaw Local Radio’s Control, or otherwise. The company disclaims any liability for any delays, mis-delivery, loss or failure in the delivery of any item sent by mail, courier, electronic transmission, or other delivery method.
- Unless otherwise specified, all entries must be handwritten – no photocopies or mechanical reproductions of entry forms are permitted.
- Shaw Local Radio is not responsible for mechanical, technical, electronic, communications, telephone, computer, hardware malfunctions, software malfunctions or failures of any kind, including failed, incomplete, garbled, or delayed transmission, traffic congestion, network congestion, viruses, sabotage, satellite failures, phone line failures, electrical outages, natural disasters, or acts of man or God involving telephone, the Internet, or at any website or lost or unavailable network connections which may limit an entrant’s ability to participate in the contest, and any injury or damage to entrant’s or any other person’s computer related to or resulting from participating in or downloading any information necessary to participate in a contest.
- If the prize is rewarded by a participating business, Shaw Local Radio is not responsible in the event that the business is unable to award the prize for any reason
- By participating, all participants and winner(s) grant Shaw Local Radio exclusive permission to use their names, characters, photographs, voices, and likenesses in connection with the promotion of this and other contests and waive any claims to royalty, right, or remuneration for such use. Use may include, but not excluded to, broadcast, internet, and/or print forms.
- Shaw Local Radio reserves the right to use any and all information related to the Contest, including information on contestants obtained through the contest, for marketing purposes or any other purpose, unless prohibited by law.
- By participating, each participant and winner waives any and all claims, liability, or actions of any kind whatsoever against Shaw Local Radio, Laco Radio, Mendota Broadcasting, The Radio Group, affiliated and parent companies, and its employees, agents, and related companies, for any personal injury, damages, or loss which my occur from the conduct of, or participation in, the contest of from use of any prize.
- If the prize includes travel, lodging, entertainment, or a special event, winner is responsible for all taxes, expenses, gratuities not expressly included in or part of the prize. Winner agrees to accept all blackout dates, space availability requirements, etc, established by Shaw Local Radio’s prize partner(s), such as hotels, airlines, trains, ships, etc.
- Winner agrees that acceptance of any trip taken as a prize from Shaw Local Radio does so entirely upon their own initiative, risk, and responsibility.
- If the trip requires traveling outside the United States, the winner, upon winning the prize, must have a valid US passport. If the winner does not have a valid US Passport upon winning the prize, the trip may be forfeited.
- Winner shall be responsible for all costs associated with travel to any venue or event for which a prize was awarded, unless otherwise specified.
- If concert or other ticketed event has been awarded as a prize and the concert or event is postponed, rained out, canceled, or for any other reason beyond Shaw Local Radio’s control does not occur, Shaw Local Radio will not be responsible for replacing the prize.
- Winners are prohibited from selling any prize awarded or transferring any prize without Shaw Local Radio’s written authorization. In the event Shaw Local Radio believes, correctly or incorrectly, that a winner is attempting to sell his/her prize, Shaw Local Radio reserves the right, at its own discretion, to disqualify the winner and deem any prize they were awarded as forfeited and/or prohibit the winner from participating and/or winning any future contests.
- If the entry for the contest includes any creative material from the participant, including by not limited to, consumer created content, by submitting your entry: (a) participant agrees that disclosure is gratuitous, unsolicited and without restriction and will not place Shaw Local Radio or contest sponsors under any fiduciary or other obligation, that Shaw Local Radio is free to disclose the ideas on a non-confidential basis to anyone or otherwise use the ideas without any additional compensation to participant. (b) Participant acknowledges that, by acceptance of submission, Shaw Local Radio and contest sponsors do not waive any rights to use similar or related ideas previously known to sponsor, or developed by their employees, or obtained from sources other than participant. (c) Participant verifies that he/she is the owner and producer of the submitted material and that no third party ownership rights exist to any material submitted, and (d) participant grants Shaw Local Radio a perpetual, worldwide, non-exclusive, royalty free right and license to use, publish, reproduce, display, perform, adapt, modify, distribute, have distributed and promote such content in any form, in all media now known and hereinafter created, anywhere in the world, for any purpose.
- By submitting any content, entrant acknowledges that his/her content may be posted on Shaw Local Radio’s Websites and/or social media websites. Content must conform with the official rules and terms of service on website; must be uploaded in the format specified; cannot be sexually explicit or suggestive, unnecessarily violent or derogatory of any ethnic, racial, gender, religious, professional or age group, profane or pornographic, contain nudity or any materially dangerous activity, content cannot promote alcohol, illegal drugs, tobacco, fireworks/weapons, any activities that appear unsafe or dangerous, or any particular political agenda or message; cannot contain trademarks, copyrighted materials, logos, or trade dress owned by others, or contain any personal identification, such as license plate numbers, personal names, email addresses, or street addresses.
- For contests with text message based entries, entrants will be asked through on air announcements, or via web, or via text or email messages to provide certain information. Text messaging may not be available through all wireless carriers. Standard text messaging rates will apply and Shaw Local Radio assumes no responsibility for any fees or charges incurred for and associated with any text message sent to/from the Shaw Local Radio or our stations.
- For voting contests, voting is limited to one vote per person unless otherwise stated in the specific contest rules. The station reserves the right to disqualify the entrant in its sole discretion. By participating in the voting portion of any contest, each voting participant agrees to be bound by the official contest rules for the specific voting contest. Disqualification includes but are not exclusive to, false or fraudulent votes. Determination of the validity of the votes will be made at the total discretion of Shaw Local Radio and all decisions are final.
- W-9 Forms are required to receive any prize valued at $599 or more, or if total prizes won in a year total $599 or more. Any valuation of the prize(s) stated above is based on available information provided to Shaw Local Radio, and the value of any prize awarded to a winner may be reported for tax purposes as required by law. Each winner is solely responsible for reporting and paying any and all applicable taxes. Each winner must provide Shaw Local Radio with valid identification and a valid taxpayer identification number or social security number before a prize valued at $599 or more will be awarded. Additionally, any winner who wins a cumulative value of $599 or more from the stations that comprise Shaw Local Radio will have to fill out a W-9 Form and provide taxpayer identification or social security numbers before the prize that goes over the $599 limit, and additional further prizes will be awarded. Any person winning a total of $600 or more in prizes from the stations of Shaw Local Radio will receive an IRS Form 1099 at the end of the calendar year and a copy of such form will be filed with the IRS. Sponsor reserves the right to withhold prizes until completed form W-9 is received.
- Prizes are not transferable or redeemable for cash.
- Shaw Local Radio reserves the right to disqualify any participant or winner and may refuse to award any prize to a person who is ineligible or has violated any rule, gained unfair advantage in participating in the contest, or obtained winner status using fraudulent means. Further, Shaw Local Radio will resolve any disputes, conflicting claims, or ambiguities concerning the rules and Studstill Media’s decision concerning such disputes shall be final. All decisions will be made by Shaw Local Radio and are final.
- Shaw Local Radio may waive any of these rules or change any of these rules, without notice, in its sole discretion.
- No purchase necessary to participate or win. Void where prohibited. Odds of winning depends upon the number of participants. Shaw Local Radio may substitute prizes of equivalent values, amend the rules or discontinue the contest. The Shaw Local Radio disclaims any responsibility to notify participants of any aspect related to the conduct of this contest.
- Potential Contest and sweepstake winners are subject to verification by sponsor whose decisions are final and binding in all matters related to the contest or sweepstakes. The potential winner must continue to comply with all terms and conditions of these Official Rules and/or the Office Rules of the specific Contest or Sweepstakes, and winning is contingent upon fulfilling all requirements. The potential winner will be notified by email and/or telephone call, after the date of random drawing. The potential winner will be required to sign and return to sponsor, within seventy two (72) hours of the date notice is sent, an affidavit of eligibility and a liability/publicity release (except where prohibited) in order to claim his/her prize, if applicable. A winner who returns the affidavit of eligibility and liability/publicity release within the required time period will be deemed to have accepted the prize and thereafter will not be permitted to rescind their acceptance of the prize and/or return the prize. If a potential winner cannot be contacted, fails to sign and return the affidavit of eligibility and/or the liability/publicity release within the required time period (if applicable), or if the prize or prize notification is returned as undeliverable, potential winner forfeits prize. In the event that the potential winner of a contest or sweepstakes prize is disqualified for any reason, Sponsor may award the applicable prize to an alternate winner by random drawing from among all remaining eligible entries.
- Winners will be notified by email, phone, or mail, at the discretion of Shaw Local Radio depending on the information submitted by the contestant. IF a winner is unreachable after seventy two (72) hours, or if that winner is unavailable for prize fulfillment, an alternate winner will be selected. If an eligible winner cannot be found for the prize, that prize will not be awarded.
- All results posted are unofficial until winners respond to email, phone, or mail notification.
- This contest is not intended for gambling. If it is determined that a contestant is using the contest for gambling purposes they will be disqualified and reported to authorities.
- The Contest and all of the related pages, contents are copyright Shaw Local Radio. Copying or unauthorized use of any copyrighted materials, trademarks, or any other intellectual property without the express written consent of its owner is strictly prohibited.
- Written copies of these rules are available during normal business hours at the business offices of the station and by mail upon written request with a stamped, self-addressed return envelope.
- All entries become the property of Shaw Local Radio and will not be returned.
- As licensee of the FCC and a trustee of the public airwaves, Shaw Local Radio reserves the right to interrupt and/or discontinue any contest or promotion (and not award the offered prize) at the discretion of Shaw Local Radio if world events, the national mood, or public safety so warrant. Shaw Local Radio reserves the right to disqualify any winner if the contest rules have been violated in any way.